All the inspiration you need to maximize every bit of the square feet and be more strategic about your decor choices.
Western Furniture has shared some tips and tricks to design a small living room layout to prove small spaces are no reason to not show off your design style.
Ms. Gayatri Dongre, Senior General Manager at Western Furniture shares some fundamental rules for home design that will help you to accomplish an excellent, customized look and feel, regardless of what the space is -
1. Choose Open Base Furniture - Furniture with clean lines and exposed legs make an outwardly lightweight look, which in turn makes your interiors look spacious. Another benefit of higher legs means simple cleaning too
2. Keep it Light - Light hues can influence a space to look bigger. If you prefer it otherwise, you may opt to create one feature wall with paint or paper
3. Choose furniture with double usage - Choose furniture with built-in storage to limit the mess. Normally, small spaces are short on spots to stash things. That is the reason it's so significant to buy furniture with storage capacity included. You could look out for tables with drawers or racks and ottomans with hidden compartments
4. Choose glass, mirrors and wallpapers - Transparent furniture pieces would influence them to look nearly non-existent. Create a point of junction, add light and depth at the same time by using a wall-paper and hang a mirror to give it a finished look. Place the mirror opposite to a window, reflecting the full outside view, giving the impression of a wider space. It’s definitely a visual trick for small homes
5. Add Plants - Plants are a fantastic way to add intensity to a small space. Rich greenery relaxes corners and tricks the eye into thinking there is something more to the room than there truly is. Plants are particularly compelling in corners and next to or behind seats and couches
Go creative and defy convention when it comes to design ideas for small rooms. For more information and details, visit the website www.westernfurniture.ae
THE LATEST FASHION NEWS & COMPETITIONS STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX